I found these questions on Tim Heuer's Weblog
What SharePoint consultants Ought to Know
Everyone who can spell SharePoint
* what is SharePoint?
* what is the difference between SharePoint Portal Server and
Windows SharePoint Services?
* what is a document library?
* what is a meeting workspace?
* what is a document workspace?
* what is a web part?
Mid-level SharePoint Consultant
* what is the difference between a document library and a form library?
* what is a web part zone?
* how is security managed in SharePoint?
* how are web parts developed?
* what is a site definition?
* what is a template?
* how do you install web parts?
* what is the difference between a site and a web?
* what are the differences between web part page gallery, site
gallery, virtual server gallery and online gallery?
* what is the GAC?
* what is a DWP?
* what is CAML?
* what are themes?
* what is presence?
* can web parts be connected? if so, how?
* what is a personal view and what is a shared view?
* what is an STP file?
* what is an FWP file?
* can you upload MP3's to SharePoint?
* how does SharePoint support MS Outlook integration?
* how can you extend lists in SharePoint?
* explain the document versioning in SharePoint document libraries
Senior SharePoint Consultant
* where are web part resources contained?
* what are the different installation methods for deploying web
parts? and what are the pros/cons?
* what is a ghosted/unghosted page?
* how is site data stored?
* where is metadata for a web stored?
* what is an audience and describe the use?
* what are the trust levels and what is the default trust
associated with SharePoint?
* what are the two logging mechanisms for usage statistics?
* what functionality does owssup.dll provide for client side activities?
* what is the difference between a site owner and a site administrator?
* what is STSAdm and what can it be used for?
* can WSS search subsites?
* can you register alerts for users?
* are PDFs searchable?
* what is a SharePoint farm?
* describe a large deployment
* how can you synchronize custom Active Directory attributes to SharePoint?
* if it is anticipated that our organization would need to store 1
terrabyte of documents, what is the recommended configuration and
* describe the implementation of SharePoint and Project Server
* what are the BKMs for workflow and SharePoint?
* explain how you would deploy SharePoint on an extranet
* what is the BKM for maximum number of virtual servers configured
for SharePoint on a single box?
* what are the migration strategies for moving sites around?
* what are the archiving strategies?
* describe the search strategies
* can you implement forms-based authentication with SharePoint?
* describe how single sign-on works