web analytics
  • Using Your On-prem Data in a Cloud World Nashville 2018

Nashville SQL Saturday 2018

Join me at the largest SQL event in Middle Tennessee – Nashville SQL Saturday (#SQLSatNash) on January 13th, 2018. I'm giving a session first thing in the morning – Using Your On-prem Data in a Cloud World. We will be looking at how you can use your data, wherever it is, with Microsoft's cloud tools. During the session, I will do a live install and take you from the concept, all the way to being able to utilize on-prem SQL data in the cloud. Event registration and info can be found on the site: Nashville SQL Saturday 2018 (SQLSat 698)

• Using Your On-prem Data in a Cloud World

Nashville Modern Excel & Power BI User Group August 2017

I will once again be joining the Nashville Modern Excel User group to speak. On August 17th I will be speaking on “Using Your On-prem Data in a Cloud World” – walking through the benefits of using your on-premises data with cloud-based tools such as Power BI, Microsoft Flow, and PowerApps. Details can be found on the Nashville Modern Excel Meetup page. [I will update this page after the meeting]

• blank

SQL Saturday Louisville 2017

Join me on August 5th in Louisville Kentucky for SQL Saturday! There are some really great sessions lined-up for the event and I will be discussing how to use your on-premises data in the cloud with Microsoft Power BI, PowerApps, and Flow. Register via the #SQLSatLouisville site.

• SQL Saturday Atlanta 2017

Atlanta SQL Saturday 2017

I am happy to announce that I'll be speaking and attending SQL Saturday Atlanta on July 15th. As one of the largest SQL Saturday events in the USA, we always have a great time of learning and meeting new people. Please join me – Register via the #SQLSatAtlanta site. [UPDATED] Thank you everyone that attended my session – a big group with lots of great questions!    

• SQL Saturday Chattanooga 2017

Chattanooga SQL Saturday 2017

Please join me on June 24th in Chattanooga, Tennessee for the third annual SQL Saturday Chattanooga! We will be discussing SharePoint BI and how Power BI brings a new level of data storytelling to collaboration. Register via the #SQLSatChattanooga site. [This post will be updated after the event]

• blank

Creating & Upgrading SharePoint Workflows – April 9th 2017

I am excited to be speaking once again at the Nashville SharePoint Users Group. The meeting on May 9th 2017 is in-person and via online meeting and the topic is “Creating & Upgrading SharePoint Workflows”. The details of my presentation are below. For a long time, we have used workflow for automating business processes in every version of SharePoint, while using various tools to create them: out of the box workflows, SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio, & third-party applications like Nintex and K2. Now that SharePoint Designer will no longer updated and there is a push to move to the cloud, what are we supposed to do now to automate tasks…

• Keys to Successful SharePoint Administration for the DBA sqlsatpensacola

SQL Saturday Pensacola 2017

Join me on June 3rd at SQL Saturday Pensacola! I will be teaching the Keys to Successful SharePoint Administration for DBAs and if you are in town I would love for you to attend my session. Registration is open now! SQLSat Pensacola Info

• blank

SharePoint Dashboards using Power BI – Nashville Excel & Power BI User Group

I am presenting at the Nashville Modern Excel user group on April 13, 2017 – come join us! My talk will focus on using SharePoint to build business intelligence dashboards with Power BI and Excel. Register on the user group site: Nashville Excel & Power BI User Group [UPDATE] Thank you to everyone who attended my presentation – what a great group!

• Power BI Mobile

Securely Embed Power BI Reports in SharePoint

The business intelligence landscape in SharePoint has a new and improved story to tell with Power BI! Join me on April 13th at the Nashville Excel & Power BI User Group – I present a session on Power BI Dashboards in SharePoint Online. The presentation will be heavy on demos as I walk through the BI options in SharePoint – using list views, Excel, and Power BI – to tell great data stories. I will also show the awesomeness of the Power BI mobile app on iOS! The meeting is free and lunch is provided! Register: Nashville Excel & Power BI Meetup

• blank

SharePoint Saturday Nashville 2017

The fourth #SPSNashville will take place on April 8, 2017. I am honored to be working with a great leadership team and this year some of the most talented Office 365 and SharePoint technologists from the around the USA will be joining us for a FREE day of training. We also have great sponsors who are delivering huge value in the community and will be showcasing their capabilities at our event. Check out our sponsors here. This year, I will be co-presenting a session with Dan Evans, Microsoft Senior Technical Solutions Architect. Our session will highlight business intelligence (BI) options in SharePoint and Office 365. From Power BI, PowerApps, &…